The Equinox Foundation is partnering with Inland Northwest Community Foundation (INWCF) to provide a grant program for the benefit of the communities in Bonner and Boundary Counties of North Idaho. This family foundation was founded on the values of wisdom, integrity and environmental stewardship.
This program will consider applications from nonprofit organizations addressing a variety of program areas, including:
Arts & Culture
Grant amounts are typically between $2,000 and $30,000 and are provided for a one-year period. Grants may be used for: seed (start-up) funding for new organizations and programs, including new, innovative projects and approaches; program expansion support; capital and/or equipment necessary to implement eligible programs; providing free or lower-cost access to programs for eligible populations that may otherwise not be able to participate; trails/open spaces; and general operating support. Collaborations among organizations are encouraged.
The Equinox Foundation Grant Program will consider applications from organizations that:
- Are tax-exempt public charities under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; a unit of local government described in Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code; or a federally recognized Tribe. Organizations that do not meet these criteria, but are providing a charitable program, may be eligible.
- Provide a clear charitable purpose.
- Provide service in either Bonner or Boundary Counties, Idaho.
- Are organized and operated so that there is no discrimination on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
- Do not have any delinquent reports for previous grants awarded through the Equinox Foundation Grant Program or other INWCF grant programs.
The Equinox Foundation Grant Program generally does not provide support for:
- Debt retirement
- Underwriting fundraising events
- Conferences, workshops or symposia for staff
- Programs addressing specific diseases and health conditions
- Direct lobbying expenses; although advocacy efforts within what is allowed by the Internal Revenue Service for public charities will be considered
The following links are provided to help answer questions and provide important information about the INWCF application process. Please take time to review the links for relevent information.
Application to the Equinox Foundation Grant Program is made through an online process. The application will be available by clicking the link below beginning February 22, 2015 and is due April 12, 2016 at 5 p.m. For the most current application dates for all INWCF grant programs, please see our Application Calendar.
Questions: If you have questions about the Equinox Foundation Grant Program or any of INWCF’s grant programs, please contact our grants program staff.